RE Steering Group
The Researcher Engagement Steering Group (RESG) was created in May 2012 to oversee the focus and direction of the cluster and its associated activities. The majority of initiatives within the cluster were founded by the Deans and Directors of Graduate Studies (DDoGS) and Research Leaders Group. The RESG therefore consists of members from both these groups also representing the geographical spread of the U21 network.
Current activities underway within the cluster include the Graduate Research Conferences (GRC), the Joint PhD Programme, the Global Research Ethics and Integrity Module, the Early Career Researcher Workshops, the Researcher Collaboration Group and Graduate Mobility.
At its first meeting the RESG set down the challenges and goals which the cluster will focus on, looking to uphold the network's new Strategic Vision. The group will facilitate discussions aimed to further expand U21 activity in order to deliver on the goals noted below.
- How to work across the disciplines to tackle global challenges and facilitate research collaborations with greater international impact
- How to identify external opportunities for joint funding and the mechanisms to assist new collaborations for early career researchers
- How to instil integrity & ethical awareness
- How to broaden the academic and international experience for all staff and researchers
- Be at the cutting edge of the experience we offer our PhD students and early career researchers by sharing good practice and benchmarking activity
- Maximise the potential for joint graduate and PhD study and the research collaboration it fosters
- Develop and foster research communities focused on early career academics and support them to submit more applications to fund international research collaborations
- Investigate how to measure, collect and increase the impact of research across the network
- Inform, influence and promote good practice in Research Integrity
- Increase graduate student and staff mobility & foster networks for early academics
The RESG is chaired by the cluster Academic Lead, Professor Mary Bownes of the University of Edinburgh and supported by Dr Gemma Marakas in the U21 Secretariat.
For all group members please follow the link below.