Early Career Researcher Workshops
The Early Career Researcher workshops are the genesis of the Research Leaders Group, who strive to use the U21 network for the benefit of U21's young researchers.
Each workshop's main aim is to encourage international networking, but also tackle career developmental topics such as grantmanship and journal editing.
The series has a focus on contemporary problems and engages faculty from a range of relevant disciplines in three main areas:
- Biological Sciences (including Medical Sciences)
- Physical Sciences and
- Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
Each workshop involves core themes, approached from a vareity of different disciplinary viewpoints.
The key target groups for the annual ECR workshop are early career researchers/junior faculty who are establishing international research networks who are at the beginning of their career, i.e. within 8 years of the PhD being awarded.
Below is a list of past and future ECR workshop hosts.
- May 2011 - University of New South Wales: Energy and Environmental Sustainability
- December 2011 - University of Birmingham: Healthy Living
- December 2012 - Shanghai Jiao Tong University: The status-quo and the future of Ecological Civilization
- 2013 - Tecnológico de Monterrey
- 2014 - University College Dublin
- 2015 - University of Hong Kong
04 December 2012
Shanghai Jiao Tong University