Terms of Reference
The U21 DDOGS have formed a network to enable us to share ideas and information, and enhance knowledge, contacts and the skills-base across our membership.
We aim to identify ways in which U21 members can support each other and, ideally, share resources in such areas as professional development materials or programmes, information systems, and core policies and procedures.
Our Terms of Reference are:
- To add value to the Research Higher Degree Programmes in the U21 member institutions through international dialogue, exchange and collaboration.
- To exchange information on current activities in member universities to promote adoption of internationally recognised best practice across the U21 Network.
- To promote a culture of internationalisation among research students that values and facilitates international collaboration.
- To foster the international exchange of research students.
- To support the development of jointly awarded PhD degrees which build on the complementary strengths of member universities.
- To support the organisation of regular PG research conferences on broad, internationally important and multidisciplinary topics which promote the above aims.
- To collaborate on the development of material that supports the aims and activities of the group.
- To share data that enable evidence-based approaches to decision making.