Chairs of the Network
Dr Hugh Brady was appointed President of his alma mater, University College Dublin, in January 2004. A nephrologist by training, Dr Brady’s research interests include the molecular basis for inflammatory disease and the complications of diabetes. He has been the recipient of extensive research grant support internationally and has published over 150 clinical and research articles, reviews and book chapters in leading texts.
Prior to returning to UCD in 1996 as Professor of Medicine and Therapeutics, he spent nine years at Harvard University, most recently as Associate Professor of Medicine, where he also directed clinical services at two Boston hospitals.
Dr Brady was elected as Chair of Universitas 21 in 2012, having served on the Executive Committee for several years.
- Professor Glyn Davis, Melbourne (2010-2012)
- Professor John Casteen, Virginia (2008-2010)
- Professor Heather Munroe-Blum, McGill (2007-2008)
- Professor John Hay, Queensland (2004-2007)
- Professor John Hood, Auckland (2003-2004)
- Professor Graeme Davis, Glasgow (2001- 2003)
- Professor Alan Gilbert, Melbourne (1997- 2001)